The State of Social Media in Government in 2018 Report
Hootsuite works closely with state, local, and federal governments around the world and understands the unique requirements for social communications across all levels of government. This report outlines five recommended areas of opportunity for social media in government in 2018:
- Drive government-wide efficiencies with social
- Restore declining trust with peer influence
- Combat brain drain with social-first recruitment
- Rethink crisis communications in the wake of hurricanes and wildfires
- Build compliance into your social media strategy
In addition, we examine how general social media behaviors are changing, based on research findings from Hootsuite’s 2018 Social Media Trends Report , and look at how governments will use specific social networks in the coming year.